Today's class was all about LOVE...and specifically Love Notes.
Here's what we did in picture form and then I'll give you some more details below as well as some picture tutorials of some of the projects.
1. We wrote the word "LOVE" without picking up our pens. We practiced this several times in our lettering notebooks. This was a fun warm up.
2. Next we made envelopes out of heart. I used THIS printable and I printed it once at regular size, once at 60% and once at 50%. So in the end we got some really tiny envelopes.
3. We made books out of one sheet of paper. HERE'S HOW WE DID IT. Again we started with a full 8-1/2" x 11", but then we got smaller.
We even put covers on them.
4. For a simple up-cycle project we made bookmarks from old junk mail envelopes. HERE'S HOW TO DO IT.
5. When I showed my daughter my idea for our last project, she said "too easy" and didn't think the girls would be very interested. Wrong! They loved it and, as usual, took the idea and totally ran with it and made it their own! I will post a separate tutorial on just the heart chain and heart inside a heart HERE.
We had a great class with lots of fun and laughter. I'm so glad I get to spend time with these sweet girls!! See you next month.